"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed"
-Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
The United States Constitution guarantees criminal defendants the right to be tried by a fair cross-section of their community. However, despite the efforts of Congress and the Supreme Court, racial bias continues to plague every step of the jury selection process.
JuryCheck is a web-based platform for criminal justice advocates to monitor and challenge under-representation in jury pools. By facilitating the collection and sharing of venire composition data, we seek to enable defendants and those charged with enforcing their constitutional rights to prove systematic exclusion of racial minorities from jury pools.
JuryCheck provides you with an effective, easy-to-use courtroom tool to detect under-representation and access to an unique collection of jury pool composition data.
- First ever nationwide compilation of jury pool composition data
- Aggregation of user inputs
- Jurisdictional analysis of historical data
- Web-and mobile accessible
- Input pool composition during jury selection
- Compare pool to official Census demographic data
- View multiple disparity calculations
- Generate challenges